Sunday, November 09, 2008

The Champ is Here!

Tuesday is the last day I will have a Google badge. It's slightly sad, although not very sad, since my new job is so much better.

#1 highlight from my time at Google:

Getting to meet Muhammad Ali. I'll never forget this. It was in 2006, and, of course, he could barely move or walk.
I didn't know he was coming until the day he was there, and I wasn't part of the group meeting and eating with him. But, I hung around, watched, and waited. I kept hearing him say, "The champ is here!" in my mind, over and over.
At one point, his eyes became fixed on me. Whether or what he was thinking about me, I will never know, but there was still a fire in the eyes of that man that burned me.


He was the only person who has ever intimidated me by his gaze alone.

No comments: